Looks like Google’s rolling out AI‑assisted shopping in India.
They’re letting users shop on Flipkart through Gemini and the new AI Mode. Basically, you type a query, the AI pulls up products, even helps you checkout.
It feels like a big push to turn Google Search into a personal shopper. I think it’s clever – you get instant recommendations without opening a separate app. But I’m also wondering how smooth the checkout will be and whether the AI will push the right stuff or just the highest‑margin items.
Also, privacy‑wise, handing your buying habits to an AI could get messy. Still, it’s pretty cool to see search morph into a buying assistant.
What do you think? Would you try buying things this way, or stick to the old click‑through?
Ref: https://techcrunch.com/category/art...hcrunch.com/category/artificial-intelligence/
They’re letting users shop on Flipkart through Gemini and the new AI Mode. Basically, you type a query, the AI pulls up products, even helps you checkout.
It feels like a big push to turn Google Search into a personal shopper. I think it’s clever – you get instant recommendations without opening a separate app. But I’m also wondering how smooth the checkout will be and whether the AI will push the right stuff or just the highest‑margin items.
Also, privacy‑wise, handing your buying habits to an AI could get messy. Still, it’s pretty cool to see search morph into a buying assistant.
What do you think? Would you try buying things this way, or stick to the old click‑through?
Ref: https://techcrunch.com/category/art...hcrunch.com/category/artificial-intelligence/